How Boudoir & Self-Portrait Photography has Improved My Life
Not only has becoming a self-portrait artist and boudoir photographer been so much fun over the last several years, it’s also boosted my life in other ways.
- My Self-Confidence has Grown
- Modeling for boudoir self-portraits has made me so much more confident and at home in my body over the years
- I’ve learned what kinds of colors and style flatter my complexion and figure. This has saved me money and time when it comes to growing my wardrobe
- My Sense of Community & Self-Acceptance has been Strengthened
- Following & being inspired by photographers, models, burlesque performers, etc has made me feel part of a larger community. I feel at home being surrounded by others that celebrate the beauty & art that is being human
- I’ve learned that sensuality & sexuality can be beautiful
- I’ve Learned to See Myself as an Artist and a Work of Art
- I see myself as a work of art, which I believe everyone is
- As a photographer, I wanted to capture the beauty of femininity and create art featuring feminine characters. In being my own model for my photography, I get to embody and appreciate this in myself
- Modeling for my own camera also means I can create portraits whenever I can/want without needing to seek out a photographer
- My Technical & Artistic Skills Have Grown
- Through my journey with boudoir and self-portrait photography, my skills in modeling, lighting, photography, makeup, styling and more have grown
- By doing all these aspects myself, I’ve been inspired to research how to do these individual skills
Although not definitive by any means, these are some of the ways that boudoir and self-portrait photography have improved my life!
Are you a boudoir model, photographer, and fellow self-portrait artist?
How have boudoir photography & self-portraits changed your life?
Here’s an ongoing list of Essential Tools & Equipment that I love having in the photo studio!
The linked list above contains affiliate links that can earn me a commission at no cost to you.